Driving Directions to Bear Gully
Location: Between the Cape Liptrap Lighthouse and Walkerville South. 200km or 2.5 hours southeast of Melbourne.
Melway 2008 Reference: Map 928 B11. RACV Edition 6 Map 102 J8.
GPS: S 38 degrees. 53.5 and E. 145 degrees 58.8
*We suggest you follow our directions below as so many GPS work differently!
South Gippsland Highway to Koonwarra General Store. Keep going along the highway another 5 - 6 km until you see the sign post to Tarwin Lower/Venus Bay. Take this turnoff to the right to Tarwin Lower C443 (19 km). Tarwin Lower - Turn left at roundabout on Tarwin- Waratah Rd for Walkerville South. Drive 20 km.
Turn right at Walkerville South Road and follow signs for Cape Liptrap Lighthouse, Walkerville South, and Bear Gully Cottages.
Travel 3 km down road until second turn off to right which is Bear Gully Road. (Sign posts for Bear Gully Cottages and 2 letter boxes on corner). Do NOT take the Cape Liptrap turn off.
Bear Gully Road is a dirt road (sometimes good, sometimes not so good) - 4 km to Maitland Court on the right. (Almost the end of Bear Gully Rd). By now you will have found us.
- Follow Princes Highway south along the coast through Eden, Genoa to Sale in Victoria.
- Turn off at Sale and follow South Gippsland Highway to Foster.
- From Foster follow the signs to Fish Creek
- From Fish Creek take Walkerville /Fish Creek Road to Prom View Estate at Walkerville.
- At T-Intersection turn right on the Walkerville/Tarwin Lower Road. Sign Post showing Bear Gully Cottages 11 km
- At next intersection take the left turn which is sign posted Cape Liptrap/Walkerville South Road. Sign Posts also for Cape Liptrap Lighthouse, Historic Lime Kilns, Bear Gully Cottages plus more. The remaining directions as for Melbourne directions above.
Bear Gully Coastal Cottages
35 Maitland Court - Cape Liptrap, VIC 3956 Australia - Ph: 03 5663 2364